NACFL forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Warm up games

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22 2009, 15:13

Seeing as the game is out this friday I was thinking that a few of us would be wanting a warm up match or two to get used to the system. Is anyone up for a game then?
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 06:07

I'd be up for a "Friendly" when I get the game, maybe some time next week?
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 13:56

Sunday? If it works
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2009, 14:26

Well, I'm going to be delayed in joining the fun. It won't run on my medium spec PC. Not well at all anyway. Sad
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05 2009, 11:40

BB_Warlords wrote:
Well, I'm going to be delayed in joining the fun. It won't run on my medium spec PC. Not well at all anyway. Sad

get upgraded!

I am about to. My Father in law has in under control
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2009, 05:39

Aghh!!! I had all the bits for my PC build but the processor has the wrong socket!
Sad Sad Sad

Replacement is arriving this week.

I am starting to get vexed!
Mad
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2009, 07:48

Maverick wrote:
Aghh!!! I had all the bits for my PC build but the processor has the wrong socket!
Sad Sad Sad

Replacement is arriving this week.

I am starting to get vexed!
Mad

vexation is a bitch! affraid
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2009, 15:42

Joe, are you up & running now? I'm off to a wedding this weekend (it's near Plymouth so a 6-7 hour drive each way) needless to say I won't be around for a match but am keen for next week sometime?
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07 2009, 18:43

KForfar wrote:
Joe, are you up & running now? I'm off to a wedding this weekend (it's near Plymouth so a 6-7 hour drive each way) needless to say I won't be around for a match but am keen for next week sometime?

not yet but soon.............
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08 2009, 13:36

ETA 2 weeks. My bf is going to go shopping with me and get me some kind of alien laptop thingy scratch
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09 2009, 07:51

I am hoping to find some time on Sunday and buy/download/play the game. My computer is the bare minimum, but I may just buy a ton of RAM and deal with it for now.

My wife will be gone in two weeks for the entire week, so I am hoping to be up and running by that point and get lots of after work playing in during the week.
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09 2009, 20:10

dwarfrunner wrote:
I am hoping to find some time on Sunday and buy/download/play the game. My computer is the bare minimum, but I may just buy a ton of RAM and deal with it for now.

My wife will be gone in two weeks for the entire week, so I am hoping to be up and running by that point and get lots of after work playing in during the week.

I have a new card now, yey!

no game yet. waiting to see if my french chum picked it up for me.................................
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21 2009, 10:57

Ok, I've heard from Dunc & Jake that they have the game working so I'm going to set up a test league to see how it all works before the season starts proper. Anyone who wants to join in let me know by responding here...

Teams won't carry over so you'll be free to try out whatever you want and there'll be no disadvantage to those who aren't quite ready to start yet.

I'm looking to kick off the test run in the next week or so.
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22 2009, 03:14

I'm up for that... I now have it working well on 4Gb RAM and decent CPU... Played first game on medium vs. Computer as Orks. Took me a while to get control of the stupid keys and work out how to pan without zooming off one side or another... So I received and then accidently dodged with a black ork. That did not go well...

Still, I regained the ball and defeated the humans 3-0. Can't believe how BAD the computer played. Trying "hard" next.

Not sure how to do online play.
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23 2009, 06:39

BB_Warlords wrote:
I'm up for that... I now have it working well on 4Gb RAM and decent CPU... Played first game on medium vs. Computer as Orks. Took me a while to get control of the stupid keys and work out how to pan without zooming off one side or another... So I received and then accidently dodged with a black ork. That did not go well...

Still, I regained the ball and defeated the humans 3-0. Can't believe how BAD the computer played. Trying "hard" next.

Not sure how to do online play.

I am off to a real life tournament in Cobourg this weekend.
My "real" copy of the game will either be there or not.
So I will download the game if not.

Either way I should be going next week.

Hurrah.

So I will jump into the trial league.

I think a couple of chaps from the more widespread parts of Ontario might pop along too.

JTB
Back to top Go down
Notorious_JTB

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30 2009, 15:45

so downloaded the game today whilst sick.

It seems to be all good. or rather seemed. but it crashed during the second drive of a game on hard in the campaign. Well didn't crash the screen just went all psychadelic colours Sad

anyhow I have now registered with an online acount = Notorious_JTB
unsruprisingly.

It is a Bank holiday for me on Monday. so maybe I can get a game in with someone then?
I am working this weekend Sad
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 12:01

Hi all, work's kept me busy last week or so hence why I've been a bit quiet. Anyway I've just set up a competition we can use as a dry run before the real league kicks off.

If you want to join in then you'll need to create a new online team (whatever you want so long as it's a valid starting roster) then follow these steps:

1. PM me for the league password
2. Online select your new team and quit the public league
2. Search in the private leagues for "CAIT"
3. Apply using the password & here to let me know you've applied to join

I'll then approve your application and you'll be good to go. The format is a vanilla 1 division with 2 games against each opponent. You're free to play matches in any order that suits.

I'll see you on the pitch
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31 2009, 12:57

I am hoping to get the game tomorrow, and hoping it works fine on my computer I will join up after afew practice games to ensure it works okay.

Played it on the weekend, and seemed pretty sweet against a real opponent. AI is pretty retarded, so that will be my morale boost if I get beaten to often by everyone.
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2009, 13:44

Cool... Erm, I'm kinda struggling with the game - because I'm a retard at computer games...

I'll see if I can even connect
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2009, 14:43

The "Colleges of Albion Invitational Tournament" is live & myself & Joe have registered. Still spots up for grabs...

It's just for fun & to get used to online play so there's no need to worry about results. Infact I've entered a goblin team so that should show how seriously I'm taking it!

Anyone up for a game Sunday pm/evening???
Back to top Go down
BB_Warlords

BB_Warlords

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2009, 17:24

I'd love to but I'm not sure if I am technically good enough - if I'm free I'll try signing up for the league
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2009, 03:44

If someone with zero IT ability can manage it I'm sure you'll figure it out D. You can always call/skype me and I'll help where I can, you've got my skype nic haven't you? Text me if you want to arrange something.
Back to top Go down
dwarfrunner

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2009, 08:27

I got the game, and am loving it. Been playing the computer constantly, which is pathetic since its a really bad opponent.

I tried multiple times now to log-on the server for a game, but it always gets frozen trying to connect to the server? Is there any way to figure out what is wrong? I am getting kinda annoyed about it since I want to play in the league.
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2009, 12:10

Hi Mark,

Just tried logging in & it worked, too a while though. There was a server outage planned at some point over the weekend so amybe it was that?
Back to top Go down
KForfar

KForfar

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2009, 12:12

Oh, and happy birthday btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warm up games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warm up games   Warm up games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm up games
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NACFL forums :: The League :: Matchfinder-
Jump to: